R&D Technical Consultant Positions Available
Nico FellSend Nico an Email
R&D Technical Consultant Positions Available
Due to ongoing growth and successful business development, we are seeking to add to our team of R&D Technical Consultants. Based in modern offices in Bangor, County Down, you will be part of an exciting and dynamic team of R&D Tax Credit experts.
You will be technically minded, preferably from an engineering, manufacturing or construction background, with the ability to communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand way, both in written and verbal formats.
The role: Technical Consultant
Are you an inquisitive individual who likes to explore the activities undertaken by a business?
Do you have the drive, passion and go to attitude to succeed?
Can you look at business activities and identify projects with a ‘different lens’?
As part of our growth strategy, we are now looking for strong candidates to fulfil the roles of Technical Consultants specialising in Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credits.
As an R&D Technical Consultant, you will:
- Meet clients face to face
- Explore what projects the Company’s has been undertaking
- Investigate if these activities are standard and routine or are they challenging within their sector
- Look at a companies projects/activities from a different perspective and approach
This involves undertaking technical assessments, liaising with senior management and technical personnel across a wide variety of industry sectors to uncover R&D projects and write technical supporting reports for HMRC.
This role is ideal for candidates who want to make use of their technical expertise and apply it to a more client facing role within a fast-growing company. A key requirement is the ability to translate complex projects into non-technical concepts and communicate these to a broad range of audiences. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled and experienced directors, senior management and technical teams while witnessing the latest innovations in the UK.
If you have the drive and ambition to succeed, this role will entail:
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Arranging in-depth meetings to identify clients’ business activities.
- Liaise with our technical and financial team, ensuring all activities and expenditures are captured.
- Project management of a client portfolio.
- Support a growing R&D team of analysts.
- Actively assisting in developing both internally and externally the Company’s processes.
- Taking a flexible approach to core working hours and a willingness to meet delivery timeframes and standards
- Being an approachable and professional individual who is competent in attending meetings with MD’s, FD’s and technical directors/employees.
- Building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further business opportunities.
- Continuously developing own knowledge and skills and to keep technical knowledge up to date
- Representing the Company at seminars, presentations and other business events.
- A holder of a recognised Mechanical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering university degree (preferably MSc/MEng and/ or PhD), or able to demonstrate the required relevant experience.
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years' experience within a technical role
- Ideally proven experience of working on several projects and experienced in working within a external businesses
- Proven track record of working under pressure and towards deadlines
- Excellent communication (both spoken and written) and people skills with the ability to translate complex ideas into non-technical concepts
- Strong numerical ability
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in the fields of science, technology and innovation
- Be highly proactive in the approach to new work opportunities
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative
- Able to project a professional, credible image
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness
- Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to travel to clients' premises for meetings and on-site reviews as well as other offices as needed.
- Have the drive and ambition to make a real contribution to the future success of the R&D team
If you believe you would excel in this role, and you meet the above criteria, we will invest in training you to become an industry expert within this sector.
This is an unmissable opportunity to develop your career within a successful company who rewards success and hard work. So, if you are a self-motivated individual who meets the above criteria, can make a valuable contribution to the Management team and who can develop the department then email your CV in complete confidence today to email@example.com
Currently we are not seeking applications via recruitment agencies and unsolicited approaches will not be considered.
Access proactive business development support
Momentum Group’s expert team wants to help you to grow your business.
Fill out the form below to stay up to date with the latest R&D business insights, opinion and news.
Similar News Posts
24 May 2021 | By Nico Fell
Belfast places innovation at the heart of economic reco...
Belfast places innovation at the heart of economic recovery
17 May 2021 | By Nico Fell