We are hiring - Take your career to the next level
The role: Technical Consultant
As the economy opens up again and our business continues to grow, we are seeking to add to our team of R&D Technical Consultants. Based in modern offices in Bangor, the Momentum Group is an independently owned professional advisory firm where you will be a key part of an exciting and dynamic team of R&D Tax Credit experts.
Our team of consultants help business across the island of Ireland and GB to navigate their way through the government supported R&D Tax Credits, Patent Box, and Capital Allowance initiatives.
Over the past 10 years, Momentum have worked with some of the largest names in manufacturing, engineering and technology services in Northern Ireland and throughout GB.
As we continue to grow our business, we are seeking to bring on board a technically minded consultant with around 10 or more years of business experience to support the growth of our team.
About the team and culture
Momentum was founded in 2009 and we are now established as a market-leading specialist in our sector. While our work is mixed between the office, client site, and flexible home working, we are a closely-knit team, and we are looking for someone who will thrive in our culture.
If the following statements resonate with you, please keep reading.
- Be entrepreneurial - take ownership of your projects, drive them forward and deliver results for our clients;
- Raise the bar - we aim to set the standard by working smart and delivering a great experience;
- Help each other - we genuinely help others to shine and be amazing. No room for egos.
- Be professional and ethical - we focus on doing the best job we can in a courteous, respectful and professional manner, ensuring all work is ethically compiled in line with legislation.
In the role of R&D Technical Consultant, you will be working for our Technical Director in the Delivery Team, and alongside other technical consultants, and Chartered Accountants who act as financial analysts.
About the role
This role is of a technical nature, blended with some basic financial requirements. You will be responsible for delivering projects for your own portfolio of clients based on your own interests and experiences.
You will join a multi-disciplinary client-facing team that truly values an entrepreneurial mindset and encourages each team member to own their outputs.
As a Technical R&D Consultant, you will:
- Meet clients face-to-face;
- Explore in depth what projects your clients’ have been undertaking;
- Determine whether or not these projects fall within the legislation and guidelines surrounding R&D Tax Credits.
This involves undertaking technical discovery meetings and walk-throughs, and liaising with senior management and technical personnel. You will operate across a wide variety of industry sectors to uncover R&D qualifying projects and write supporting technical reports for HMRC.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to make use of their technical expertise and apply it to a more client facing role within a fast-growing professional company.
A key requirement is the ability to translate complex technical projects into understandable reports and communicate these to a broad range of stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled and experienced directors, senior management and technical teams while witnessing the latest innovations.
Consider the below job description a starting point for your role:
- You manage a variety of client projects
- You demonstrate and apply expert know-how and consultancy, backed up by substantial and significant relevant prior experience;
- You act as a credible Client Lead for a variety of organisation types ranging from small family run SMEs to large complex organisations, with a focus on engineering and manufacturing sectors;
- You understand and translate client conversations into precisely worded technical reports;
- You have a sound grasp of the core financial aspects of business operations and project costings;
- You have a penchant for detail and analytical work;
- You maintain high standards of communication and presentation, and are happy communicating at a C-Suite level; and
- You are enthusiastic about growing and expanding our professional services offerings.
- You contribute to business development
- You can crystallise up-sell opportunities;
- You build long-term strategic client collaborations.
- You build expertise and share this with your colleagues (they will return the favour)
- Create differentiating content (case studies, toolsets, experiences and lessons learnt); and
- Consistently share expertise within the company.
- You have an academic background in Business/Design/Innovation/Engineering/ or equivalent work experience in these areas, or the field of Consultancy;
- You have substantial and relevant experience in helping add value to SME businesses;
- You have experience of managing projects, and are familiar with common project management methodologies;
- You are tech savvy and interested in new and emerging technologies;
- You show curiosity, awareness and an interest in the fields of science, technology and innovation;
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to both understand and challenge new ideas, on-the-spot;
- You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with arguments and confidence;
- You bring structure and are able to manage progress in delivering R&D claims or other projects;
- You do not procrastinate or make excuses – you can focus on getting things done;
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: eagerness to learn, an open mindset, a team spirit, an entrepreneurial attitude and a ‘raise-the-bar’ mentality;
- You can keep your head cool and adapt when last-minute changes are needed;
- You are strong in one-on-one coaching/mentoring;
- You have exemplar communication skills and can easily build trust and rapport with new people; and
- Nice to have: you have business experience in the client-side Consulting arena
Benefits - Why work at Momentum?
- You enjoy the variety of visiting clients across a range of sectors and finding out what innovative projects companies have been working on;
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and want to contribute to our overall business strategies and growth;
- You enjoy creating positive change in organisations;
- You enjoy the challenge of communicating precisely;
- Competitive package, bonus structure and healthcare etc
- A flexible, fair and firm approach
- A professional, yet fun environment to be involved in
The hiring process in a nutshell:
A short first video-call with our Managing Director and Technical Director to get to know each other.
Now, let's get to it - we will ask you to prepare and present a presentation in a 10 minute mock-up client call, followed by a Q&A and an in-depth interview about your background.
Final round - we will invite you for the final assessment in which you'll meet different people from the team. We'll give you a couple of on-the-spot challenges that you need to solve. No prep needed this time.
This is an unmissable opportunity to develop your career within a successful company who rewards success and hard work. So, if you are a self-motivated individual who meets the above criteria, can make a valuable contribution to the Management team and who can develop the department then email your CV in complete confidence today to email@example.com